[News] Wii Outsells Microsoft's BoomBox360 20:1, Boom Boxes Still Go Ka-Boom!

  • Subject: [News] Wii Outsells Microsoft's BoomBox360 20:1, Boom Boxes Still Go Ka-Boom!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 15:14:16 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Nintendo Wii outsells Sony's PS3 in Japan in

,----[ Quote ]
| Nintendo sold 396,752 units of the Wii in the five weeks ended July 29,
| compared with 91,987 units of the PS3.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft sold 17,970 units of its Xbox 360 in July in Japan, Enterbrain data
| showed. The machine went on sale about a year ahead of the Wii and PS3.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKT3747020070803?rpc=44

Xbox repair process leaves gamers in a fix

,----[ Quote ]
| Reports of problems with the popular game console surfaced almost immediately
| after its 2005 launch.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1040_22-6200538.html

Instead of mass recall, Microsoft chose to hide the problem, delete forum
threads, and hope that enough market share is gained quickly enough.
Cringely's words (quoted below) come to mind.

Related:

Microsoft blames baby's parents for deadly Xbox fire

,----[ Quote ]
| Specifically, Redmond claims that the suit, which also names Wal-mart and and
| an anonymous power-supply maker, lacks merit because the Klines "knowingly,
| willingly, intentionally, and voluntarily exposed themselves to said danger
| and assumed the risk of incident, injuries, losses, and damages"
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/microsoft-blames-babys-parents-for-deadly-xbox-fire/

Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

,----[ Quote ]
| Ah, from the horse's mouth: Microsoft just might be held legally
| responsible for selling software that is insecure.

Cringely the Unemployable on the fallacy of Web 2.0, Microsoft ruthlessness,
and the CB radio of our decade

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html