Re: Microsoft's Silverlight Promises to Disrupt Linux Web Users

In article <1186198052.128202.322520@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "John Bailo, Texeme.Construct" <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.daniweb.com/blogs/entry1418.html
>
> "The Silverlight software, based on the preexisting Windows Media
> Video standard, is a "cross-platform plug-in for delivering the next
> generation of media experiences and rich interactive applications
> (RIAs) for the Web," according to a recent press release available
> here on Microsoft's website. Though Silverlight sounds very promising,
> and may actually displace Flash video as the means most sites use to
> stream content, Microsoft has yet to even hint at the planned
> existence of a Linux plug-in. Apparently, cross-platform only includes
> Windows and OS X, even though there is an ever-increasing Linux user
> base."

Development of a Linux plug-in is well under way.  I'm surprised you
missed it--Schestowitz has been heavily FUDing against it for quite a
while.

<http://www.mono-project.com/Moonlight>

--
--Tim Smith