Re: $150 Fedora Linux Laptop - Real of Fake?

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Saturday 04 August 2007 03:42 : \____

> On Aug 3, 6:54 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Many questions surrounding the 150 dollar [Medison] laptop
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Ivancic sticks to his previous promise that the first computers will be
>> | delivered around August 15. According to Ivancic they have received
>> | thousands of orders.
>
> I hope these <$200 laptops (linux) are reality.
>
> Was disappointed to learn today that the ASUS eee, scheduled for
> August might not be ready until end of October...

True. At least we're seeing all these low-cost devices becoming a reality.
While Apple binds you to a $2000 contract for a phone, Nokia sells you an
Internet tablet for just $150 here in the UK. It runs lee-nox, too.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    /earth: file system full
Mem:    515500k total,   444144k used,    71356k free,     3328k buffers