Re: Mass. Surrenders to Microsoft's Open XML Push (SJVN)

____/ peterwn on Friday 03 August 2007 22:02 : \____

> On Aug 4, 2:55 am, "ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
> <ness...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> <Quote>
>> Microsoft wins. We lose...open standards have taken a major hit, which
>> will eventually hit us in the wallet...
>>
>> In the long run, this means that no one except Microsoft Office users
>> will be able to Open XML. And since it's a "standard," no one else
>> will give OpenOffice, WordPerfect or any of the other office suites a
>> fair try. Once more, Microsoft will have set up the software game so
>> that it and it alone, can be the only winner.
>>
>> Don't think it will matter to you as a user? Just wait until you see
>> what the next version of Office is going to cost you once Microsoft
>> has ground its would be competition back into the dirt.
>> </Quote>
>>
>> http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2165652,00.asp
>>
>> Money, lies, and corruption.  The themes of our times.
>
> Tis but one battle in the war.  Their IT chief openly defied M$ and M$
> threw everything they had at it - legal and illegal, moral and
> amoral.  And M$ shills still dress this up as the IT chief being a
> corrupt individual despite being totally exobnerated of any
> wrongdoing.

Watch the latest.

Brian Jones -- criminal in a suit.

http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/03/technical-sabotage-odf/

Not the first crime.

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
Tasks: 141 total,   1 running, 140 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie