Re: [News] Media Serves Monopoly Abuser in Fight Against GPLv3

Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:

> At some point, Mr Torvalds will realise just why the changes to the GPL
> are so important.  Fundamentally, it's about freedom, it's about
> avoiding lock-in.

You should read Torvalds comments from last month:

"I think Tivoization is *good*"

http://lkml.org/lkml/2007/6/17/303

The whole sorry thread is quite a revelation. Torvalds has gone
completely off the rails. If you're expecting to appeal to his sense of
Freedom, I think you're wasting your time - he hasn't got one.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Computer games don’t affect kids, I mean if Pac man affected us as
| kids, we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills
| and listening to repetitive music." - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo
`----

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) on sky, running kernel 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7
 00:29:07 up 4 days,  9:44,  2 users,  load average: 0.28, 0.45, 0.51