Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Dumps Lock-in on China, Gates Dumps 3 Million Shares (MSFT)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft halves Vista retail price in China
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft Corp. has more than halved the retail price of its Vista
> | home basic computer operating software package in China to 499 yuan...
> `----
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKPEK4097920070803?rpc=44
>
> Linux is gaining strongly in China and Vista contains some very stubborn
> lockins (poison).

Thats one months wage for an average family.
Or a third of a month's wages of a techie.
I don't think anyone can surrender to that kind of extortion.
Its better to use Linux.
http://www.livecdlist.com
There are now beginning to be dozens of Chinese Linux distros
coming out.