Re: [News] Linux Router O/S Approaches New Release

On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:34:31 +0100

> Vyatta releases 2.2 beta
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Vyatta has announced the availability of its 2.2 beta, codenamed
> "Camarillo." | This release includes a number of enhancements, new
> features, and more than | 100 bug fixes for Vyatta's commercially
> supported open, flexible router (OFR) | distribution.
> `----
>
> http://www.linux.com/feature/118381

I'd like to try this if I can get a test network setup. I'd especially
like to test with some certainty the packet shifting capabilities of
different OSes with about three different network cards. Something for
a rainy week perhaps with a lot of spare time.

> Also new:
>
> Linux Hosting Is Better Than Window Hosting
>
> http://www.marketingarticlebank.com/Article/Linux-Hosting-Is-Better-Than-Window-Hosting/79588

Tell me about it.. I had one customer who was intent on having his site
run with SQLServer. What a joke.. For something that would be happy on
SQLite, I couldn't get him to pony up the money for the license, so I
refused his business.

That man is an idiot. He still calls asking if we can host his site, I
guess he's not found anyone who can afford SQLServer licences as a
host, and sell the hosting for < £20/month, and even then, the host
will have to share the hosting... Really stupid. Loads of people sell
dedicated hosting for that... Christ, could have
postgres/mysql/whatever else, instead this looser is still looking for
someone with just SQLServer and .net.

The biggest joke is the IIS FTP Server. That seriously was not designed
to be used.

--
The DS3 to the Verizon Switch is dead because of nurf herders.
Verio is blaming Microsoft.