Re: [News] [Rival] XBox360 Claims First Death?

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 03 August 2007 14:15 : \____

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9012499

>> Damn... if Microsoft had NOT rushed a half-baked, half-tested product to
>> market, it wouldn't be having these problems... It's just so sad that
>> someone has died because of a filthy bunch of idiots like them...
>>

> Microsoft appear to be trying to claim that because they issued a recall
> on some faulty aspect of the Xbox, they have no liability for the
> problem.  An interesting approach, but I doubt a jury would necessarily
> see it that way, an interesting question might be that if the problem
> were so serious, why didn't Microsoft do more to get the appropriate,
> dangerous, parts replaced?
>
> It would seem that the Xbox did start the fire and as a consequence, the
> baby died.
>
> The battle would seem to be about whether Microsoft can avoid liability
> for the fire, which, it would seem, was started by the Xbox.

Some people are very angry.

http://www.599usdollars.com/599usd-talks-4-the-xbox-baby-killing-scandal/

In a perfect world, all high-velocity impacts make fine orange juice
 17:00:04 up 47 days, 22:28,  5 users,  load average: 1.12, 0.82, 0.98