Re: [News] Ubuntu Suffers from Bad Stereotypes, Clueless Journalists and Writers Blamed

  • Subject: Re: [News] Ubuntu Suffers from Bad Stereotypes, Clueless Journalists and Writers Blamed
  • From: Attila <jdkaye10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:46:28 +0200
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Tech writers think Ubuntu is for morons
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | What is it about Ubuntu Linux that makes otherwise competent technical
> | writers switch to Moron Mode?
<snip>
Just a thought. Maybe this has something to do with Ubuntu's own
slogan, "Linux for Human Beings!" What does that say about those of us who
use another distro. Expression like "you reap what you sow" and "chickens
coming home to roost" come to mind. The Ubuntu community doesn't have a
problem considering all (linux) non-Ubuntu users as non-human (nerds?
geeks?). I don't have much sympathy for the growing reputation of Ubuntu
users as "morons".
Cheers,
Jonathan