[News] Another Open Source Browser for Devices is Introduced

  • Subject: [News] Another Open Source Browser for Devices is Introduced
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 11:04:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open-source browser targets Linux gadgets

,----[ Quote ]
| A software development firm in Montpellier, France recently released a new
| open-source browser intended for use in consumer device applications.
| Pleyo's "Origyn Web Browser" (OWB) is based on the open-source WebKit Web
| browser engine, and targets mobile phones, PMPs, PVRs, GPS gadgets, and more.

First Look at Minimo

,----[ Quote ]
| I was very impressed with minimo. Actually, using minimo showed me
| that mobile net access might just work. Everyone has been predicting
| the mobile revolution but I never thought it would happen simply
| because the screen are too small and the interfaces cramped. Somehow,
| minimo sidesteps all these and it made a convert out of me.
`----

http://ekstreme.com/thingsofsorts/fun-web/first-look-at-minimo

New Mozilla mobile browser out, amid more competition

,----[ Quote ]
| Minimo is designed to be an alternative to the browser that comes
| with Windows Mobile and its creators promote its speed in accessing
| sites and other features such as tabs, better security and support
| for widgets.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/033007-new-mozilla-mobile-browser-out.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news
http://tinyurl.com/2tt2br