[News] Palm Treos Run Linux

Linux Treo Available Now!

,----[ Quote ]
| Independent programmers in the community recently achieved Palm's goal of
| running Linux on Palm devices.
`----

http://mytreo.net/archives/2007/08/linux-treo-available-now.html

Related:

Next-gen Palm Treo spied on web... twice

| Pictures of what is claimed to be Palm's next-gen Treo smart phone
| have begun to appear on the web to reveal a device that looks a lot
| like Creative's Zen Vision:M media player.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/06/11/new_treo_sighted/

After the Treo 755p, whither the Palm OS?

,----[ Quote ]
| New device uses Garnet OS, but future of old operating system
| unclear in light of Palm's impending switch to Linux-based platform
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/10/palm-os-after-treo-755p_1.html?source=rss&url=www.infoworld.com/article/07/05/10/palm-os-after-treo-755p_1.html
http://tinyurl.com/2qu8xq

krainian hackers don't wait for Palm's Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about Palm OS PDAs and devices
| running Linux, but it seems it's not only possible, but that these talented
| coders have been doing so for quite a while. While the early attempts started
| a few years ago, with a determined geek porting the micro
| embedded-Linux "uCLinux" to the early Sony Clie PDAs, these efforts had a
| short life. But now, with the availability of more powerful devices like the
| Palm TX sporting high-res screens, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, the idea of running
| Linux on them is much more attractive.

A Close Up View of Access Linux Platform at 3GSM ( with Video)

,----[ Quote ]
| Several shots show a smartphone emulator running the Access Linux
| Platform (ALP). Here you can see ALP's Today Screen, Applications
| Launcher (see top image), Garnet VM controls and a number other
| status and preference screens. Next up is an actual developer
| phone shown running ALP in a screen shot and a minute-and-a-half
| video.
`----

http://www.pdastreet.com/articles/2007/2/2007-2-14-A-Close-Up.html

Palm Foleo with Linux threatens the Laptop

,----[ Quote ]
| The Palm Foleo is joining a list of MID (Mobile Internet Devices) like the
| Nokia N800 and Asus Eee that use a lightweight version of Linux but the main
| advantage of the Foleo is its instant on feature.  While traditional “Linux”
| may be too difficult for the average user to handle, these highly integrated
| implementations of Linux have no problem being adopted by the masses.  That
| could pose a problem for Microsoft in the long run if these devices ever get
| widespread adoption.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=562

Palm Foleo First Thoughts

,----[ Quote ]
| If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video should be worth a
| whole volume. That's why Brian Beeler and I recorded a brief video
| overview of the Foleo, which will hopefully give you a better idea of
| what it will be like to use the first mobile companion yourself.
`----

http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13139

Pair of Palm ISVs promise Foleo ports

,----[ Quote ]