Re: [News] Windows Subscription Plans Open the Door to Linux, More New PCs Come with Linux

On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 16:00:24 +0200, Hadron <hadronquark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>John Locke <john98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:30:31 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> What's Wrong With Windows Subscription
>>
>> Knowing Microsoft, they'd love to charge subscription fees
>> for all currently installed Windows software, with the threat of
>> terminating the software or withholding updates if you don't pay.
>
>You mean like Suse? Or most of the licensed SW out there in the real
>world?
>
>http://www.novell.com/products/server9/renewal.html

Hadron, you can go right ahead and pay your subsrciption fees,
but I choose to keep the money in my pocket.

Suse would probably be worth the subscription, however,
Novell is now tainted by Microsoft which means that some of that
subsription money will eventually wind up in Microsoft's pocket.

I pay ONE subscription fee and that's to Fortnet for the anti-viral
system on my router. That, to me, is indispensable because it keeps
the Microsoft server and clients clear of virus attack.

If Microsoft starts that subscription crap, they're really
gonna give Linux a boost. So at least there would be one good
facet to this thing.