[News] [Rival] Bill Gates Deeps Dumping MSFT Shares

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Bill Gates Deeps Dumping MSFT Shares
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 14:56:12 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft's Gates Sells 1M Shares

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates, the chairman of Microsoft Corp., sold 1 million shares of common
| stock, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070731/microsoft_insider_transactions.html?.v=1

It has only been a few days since the latest large dump.

Related:

Microsoft's Bill Gates Sells Shares

,----[ Quote ]
| The co-founder and chairman of the world's largest software maker, Microsoft
| Corp., sold 2 million shares of common stock, according to a document filed
| with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070726/microsoft_chairman_insider_transaction.html?.v=1

Insider Trading Hasn't Affect Microsoft Stock - Yet

,----[ Quote ]
| MarketWatch.com reports that Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's
| Entertainment and Devices division, sold $6.2 million of Microsoft
| stock just prior to announcing that Microsoft was going to have to
| extend XBox 360 warranties to three years because of extensive
| failures. The filings note that this was not part of any
| scheduled diversification or selling program; this was a
| conscious, unscheduled sale by the guy in charge of releasing
| news that could affect the value of Microsoft stock.
|
| [...]
|
| Insider trading is a very serious violation of the law; just
| ask Martha Stewart, who served five months in prison for
| avoiding losses of $43,000 through trades that just had suspicious
| timing (no insider trading was actually proven). This is $6.3
| million that went straight into Robbie Bach's pocket.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070713/40947_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft's past stock options practice poses questions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6084617.html

,----[ Quote ]
| My background is finance and accounting....
|
| However, the Gates Buffet foundation grant is nothing more than a shell
| game in which control of assets for both Gates and Buffet remain the same.
|
| THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY THESE TWO WILL BE
| MUCH MORE MASSIVE BECAUSE THEY WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO PAY ANY TAXES.
`----

http://www.mail-archive.com/futurew...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg03323.html

Bill Gates Sells Some Microsoft Shares

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft Corp. Chairman Bill Gates sold 3,995,300 shares of
| common stock, according to Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070508/microsoft_insider_sales.html?.v=1

Gates sells more Microsoft stock, filings show

,----[ Quote ]
| Bill Gates, chairman and co-founder of Microsoft Corp., sold 4 million
| shares of the software giant's stock over the last three days of
| February, bringing his total sales for the month to 20 million,
| according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
`----

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/filings-show-gates-sold-20/story.aspx?guid=%7B49EF9F15%2D1156%2D44BC%2DA94B%2D6C851DD00B63%7D&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

Anonymous sent me this

,----[ Quote ]
| "I decided not to post this on the 'net, because I am
| not familiar with US law in regards to information that although public
| accessible, could be considered a breech of privacy.  Perhaps UK law is more
| kind.  I don't know.
|
| Out of curiosity, I took the Yahoo stock link that John Bailo posted a few
| messages back, then clicked on Gate's name.  It gave  link:
|
| http://biz.yahoo.com/t/38/567.html
|
| This is two years worth of transactions by Mr. Gates.  One is a Statement of
| Ownership (11 May 2006).  Rest are sales.  I took the html table and dumped
| it to a spreadsheet.  After massaging, I came up with the following numbers:
|
| For sale transactions from 04 May 2005 to 22 Feb 2007, 136,003,100 shares
| were sold at an approximate value of $3,639,031,883 USD or
| £1,857,580,215 GBP or
| ?2,756,603,042 EUR or
| $4,249,261,139 CAD or
| ¥430,941,433,649 JPY.
|
| Average price per share was $26.76 USD.
|
| In essence according to Yahoo! Finance Edgar Online, sale was about $3.6
| billion for 136 million shares.  Declared holdings as of 22 Feb 07 are
| 922,499,336 Direct, 425,066 Indirect for a total of 922,924,402 shares."

| "There can be no more eloquent statement that Microsoft is growing
| irrelevant than Bill Gates' announcement on 15 June 2006 that he is
| stepping down from daily operations. Ray Ozzie has already taken over
| as Chief Software Architect.
|
| "One of the most eloquent dispositions on how badly things have gone
| wrong within Microsoft was by a Windows group insider (3). It
| describes the state of paralysis within the company caused by the
| horrifying complexity of monolithic integration, and persistent denial
| of reality by Microsoft's development management."
|
| "So what did Bill Gates see?"
`----

http://aaxnet.com/editor/edit040.html

Allchin's 'Buy a Mac' E-Mail Exposed

,----[ Quote ]
| "I must tell you everything in my soul tells me that we should do
| what I called plan (b) yesterday. We need a simple fast storage
| system. LH [Longhorn] is a pig and I don't see any solution to this
| problem. If we are to rise to the challenge of Linux and Apple, we
|                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| need to start taking the lessons of 'scenario, simple, fast' to
| heart. Jim"
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/operating_systems/allchins_buy_a_mac_email_exposed.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/y5cuu6

Microsoft profit on slide

,----[ Quote ]
| Some analysts are looking for any signs of improvement from
| Microsoft's internet division, which continues to lose market
| share in web search to Google.
|
| Microsoft's online services group saw revenue fall for the last
| four quarters and posted a loss in the past three quarters while
| it shifted to a new internet advertising platform and overhauled
| the company's web properties.
`----

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,21109542%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Dark cloud over good works of Gates Found

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gatesx07jan07,0,6827615.story?coll=la-home-headlines

Politics and tech companies: follow the money

,----[ Quote ]