Re: billg cleans up Doom ..

Brett Ryan <bsryan@xxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> ____/ John Locke on Monday 30 July 2007 16:33 : \____

>>> That's pretty damn funny...wasn't Bill Gates an anti-gun advocate ?
>>>
>>> I know one thing. This was back in the day when Microsoft was
>>> focused on customer needs. In this case, the gamers.
>>
>> Microsoft has become the gamer in recent years. It games the ISO, it games the
>> customer's needs, it games the EU...
>>
>> Microsoft -- we got game!
>>

> Well Roy, you can't blame them for being creative when it comes to legal
> and marketing issues.  M$ has big game there.  Now Windows Vista, it is
> in the penalty box.  I've heard and seen nothing but nightmares from
> that product, and several ISP's here in Texas are refusing to support it
> until service pack one comes out.

Microsoft have been leading the world in marketing and legal
manipulation for business purposes for at least the last 15 years, and
it has served them very well.  The attack on the gaming market was quite
simply because the Atari and Commodore machines had been beloved of the
gaming community, and Microsoft were desperate to get them onto the
comparatively rather less functional PCs of the day.