Re: [News] Linux Partitioning is Easy, But Myths/Lies Being Spread

John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:27:56 +0100, William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>It was on, or about,  Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:48:32 +0100, that as I was
>>halfway through a large jam doughnut, Mark Kent wrote:
>>
>>> William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> It's amazing how short a time it takes most trolls to get to sexual
>>> remarks.
>>
>>It's all they can do.
>
> Here's some history on this troll:
>
> "We see a series of posts from the same account at the same ISP,
> starting with the same Roger Maynard name and sig that was used at
> Laurentian University, morphing through some random names, settling
> down to names such as Ronald Matthews, Ronald McDonald, Rasmussen
> Milos and Rosie Matsushita, then we see Realto Margarino - all with
> the same email address, same path and same NNTP-Posting-Host.
> In this series of posts we see the same "cordially, as always, rm"
> sig, the same phrasing, the same newsgroups and the same enemies.
> And here we are ten years later watching him follow the exact same
> pattern with slightly improved morphing skills, and still using
> Ronald Matthews and Realto Margarino as his favorite morphs."
>
> "Roger Maynard has been making as many people as possible miserable
> for over ten years, devoting thousands of hours to annoying people
> who never did him a bit of harm. Get help, Roger."

I truly find this behaviour hard to comprehend, but there is clearly
something broken about it, and as you say, such people would seem to be
in genuine need of help.  Gary Stewart was, to my mind, much the same
soft of character, on some occasions he even managed to keep up a
conversation between his own nym-shifts.  Perhaps it begins as some kind
of teenage-angst-attention-seeking-disruptive-me-me-me thing, but after
a decade, you'd expect people to grow out of it.  In some cases, though,
it would appear that maturity doesn't come, or at least, not for a very
long time.

Anyway, there's always the killfile.