[News] Wikipedia-like Open Source Search Engine Begins Crawling the Web

  • Subject: [News] Wikipedia-like Open Source Search Engine Begins Crawling the Web
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 07:35:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Open Source search engine takes off.

http://grub.org/

They have just invited people to download the client and help indexing of the
Web.

Wikia details plans for search rival to Google

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6199812.html

Planning Lessons the Wiki Way

,----[ Quote ]
| The success of Wikipedia, a free online encyclopedia that is maintained
| by volunteers and revised by almost anyone with Internet access, has
| sparked an interest in fostering open source online communities that
| focus on the free sharing of ideas.

The pedia phenomenon

,----[ Qoute ]

`----