Re: [News] Study: Businesses Look at Linux, Interest in Vista Declines

____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 31 July 2007 19:25 : \____

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9028478

> Second thoughts?
> Most smart businesses have never even had *first thoughts* about Vista
> because as we all know the routine in the business world is to wait for at
> least SP1 before considering a new Microsoft product. Of course preloaded
> systems are the exception because Microsoft *entices* them into the latest
> versions so that is what Dell and the others will sell. Even that seems
> to be backfiring though as some of these companies have resurrected XP
> again.

A few hours ago I found (and posted a link to) an article which talks about
licensing changes that reveal Microsoft's pain. On the face of it, businesses
are already cancelling or retracting Vista plans. Not so long ago, EULA
restrictions were changed as well. Microsoft realised that not everything it
build will have people come. Linux was mentioned among the cause. Choice is
there, despite suppression in the market (anti-standards manoeuvres for
example).

Tasks: 135 total,   1 running, 133 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie