[News] Sony PlayStation3 GNU/Linux Revved up, Will Beat XBox360, Microsoft Keeps "Dumping" Desparately

  • Subject: [News] Sony PlayStation3 GNU/Linux Revved up, Will Beat XBox360, Microsoft Keeps "Dumping" Desparately
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:41:37 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Updated PS3 Linux Distro Kit released

,----[ Quote ]
| Geoff Levand just announced an update to the PS3 Linux Distro Kit:”For those
| interested, an updated PS3 Linux Distributor’s Starter Kit (v1.4) was
| released..."
`----

http://lkmltimes.brucalipto.org/announce/updated-ps3-linux-distro-kit-released/

Pachter: PS3 will outsell Xbox 360 for July

,----[ Quote ]
| Oft quoted analyst Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan has attempted to predict
| the official game hardware/software sales for July in North America.  His
| prediction; Sony PS3 up, Microsoft Xbox 360 down.
|
| [...]
|
| To explain the rise of the PS3 in July: "We expect a bump in PS3 hardware and
| software sales due to the PS3 price cuts. Sony stated that sales of PS3
| approximately doubled after the price cut, with sales before the price cut
|               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|  averaging 20,000 units per week."
`----

http://www.itwire.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14069&Itemid=1063

Why not just lose even /more/ money on each sale...?

Microsoft cuts Europe Xbox price

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft is also facing stiff competition from Sony, which cut the price of
| its Playstation 3 last month.

Microsoft secretly sabotage PS3 Euro-launches

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/23/microsoft-secret-agents-resort-to-subterfuge-at-ps3-euro-launche/
http://tinyurl.com/2ymwfs