Re: Linux-based iPhone Clone Produced in China, Beats iPhone Functionality

____/  asjbiotek@xxxxxxxxx on Sunday 19 August 2007 21:12 : \____

> On Aug 10, 10:58 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> China's iClone
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The little gadget was bootleg gold, a secret treasure I'd spent months
>> | tracking down. TheminiOnelooked just like Apple'siPhone, down to the slick
>> | no-button interface. But it was more. It ran popular mobile software that
>> | the
>> |iPhonewouldn't. It worked with nearly every worldwide cellphone carrier,
>> |not
>> | just AT&T, and not only in the U.S. It promised to cost half as much as
>> | the
>> |iPhoneand be available to 10 times as many consumers.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technology/e7e48a137b144110vgnvcm1000004...
>>
>> Runs Linux, but nobody really knows or counts it.
>>

> 1. Are you sure it runs Linux?...there are some reports it's a WinCe
> model
>
> 2. I hate the iPhone because it's a closed system that cannot run
> third party Java apps. This Meizu phone obviously can.

Two separate reports (and independent ones) said with confidence that it was
Linux and I think one was even specific, saying that it was Motorola's
Linux/Java stack.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: the buttocks is the largest muscle
Tasks: 105 total,   1 running, 104 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie