[News] [Rival] Microsoft Accused of Using Referrer SPAM

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Accused of Using Referrer SPAM
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:35:11 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Random: Microsoft Referrer-Spams Us

,----[ Quote ]
| The site gets enough referrer spam that I wrote a servlet filter to stop
| it... but Microsoft was the last company I expected to see engaged inspamming
| us...
`----

http://beta.morons.org/tally-ho/article/read/7608

Related:

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]
| In China, it would take about one and one-half years wages (for the
| average Chinese) to buy a legitimate copy of Windows Vista. If you
| could find it here.
|
| Microsoft is the biggest cause of zombie remailers in the world,
| because they make noises, but do not do anything to address the
| real digital inequities in the world.

Hotmail still riddled with spam

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has admitted that up to 98 per cent of messages sent to
| Hotmail addresses are spam.
|
| [...]
|
| The findings will disappoint Microsoft chairman Bill Gates, who
| predicted at the 2004 Davos World Economic Forum that spam would
| be "eliminated" within two years.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2188226/hotmail-riddled-spam-admits

MSN Is Spamming The Blogosphere

,----[ Quote ]
| Mr. Youth LLC is a marketing firm and lists MSN as a customer.  Their
| website is here: http://www.mryouth.com/  Their phone number is
| (212) 779-8700.
|
| I?ve talked to a couple of other bloggers who said they are receiving
| similar comments on their blogs.  This pisses me off because MSN/Mr.
| Youth should 1) be more upfront about their true identity, and 2)
| provide a real e-mail address so that I can request they take my
| blog off their marketing campaign.
`----

http://www.scott-o-rama.com/2006/12/06/msn-is-spamming-the-blogosphere/

Is the current spam war a Microsoft creation?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=162