Re: PlayStation3 is Already Outselling XBox360 in Europe, PS2 Gains Features, XBox360 Disappoints FanboiZ

On Aug 18, 3:22 pm, ed <e...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:53:14 -0700
>

> cc <scatnu...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/1millionhalo3preordered.shtml
>
> > "Halo 3 has eclipsed many previous records and will prove to be one of
> > the must-have items of 2007."
>
> > Guess which noisy brick Halo 3 exclusively runs on? XBox 360 can burn
> > down houses all it wants to, but as long as there are games that
> > people are dying to play, it will be bought. It should never be
> > Playstation3 vs. XBox360. It should be Games for Playstation3 vs.
> > Games for XBox360. As a diehard Playstation fan, why am I going to
> > shell out a ton of money for the updated Playstation3, when game
> > makers aren't even making new games for it. All the titles I've seen
> > are also available for Playstation2, which I already own. So it's
> > either pay a ton of money to play the same games with slightly better
> > graphics and pray that blu-ray wins over hd-dvd, or stick with what I
> > got. Playstation3 needs a killer game, then maybe people would buy it.
>
> > What does this have to do with Linux?
>
> I believe it's because the ps3 can run a Linux kernel. If people
> automatically have a ps3 lying around in a few years with no games,
> why not make it a Linux workstation or something?

If there are no games, no one will have a ps3 lying around. That's the
point you and Roy seem to be missing. It doesn't matter that the ps3
can run Linux. It doesn't matter if blu-ray is the better format. It
only matters that there are games worth playing on it, and currently
it seems that it is not the case for the Playstation3. Roy desperately
wants to make this into some sort of Linux news which is strange
considering that no one is buying it to put Linux on it, and no one is
buying it period (relatively speaking). Roy doesn't care about Linux,
he just hates Microsoft.