Re: PlayStation3 is Already Outselling XBox360 in Europe, PS2 Gains Features, XBox360 Disappoints FanboiZ

cc wrote:
> On Aug 18, 9:53 am, ed <e...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Aug 2007 13:18:15 +0100
>>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> PlayStation 3 beating Xbox 360 in Europe
>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> outsold | Microsoft's Xbox 360 in Europe for the fourth week in a
>>> row. `----
>>
>>> http://www.tech.co.uk/home-entertainment/gaming/games-consoles/news/p...
>>
>> Simple economics -- no one wants a noisy brick in their house.
>>

> http://www.megagames.com/news/html/console/1millionhalo3preordered.shtml
>
> "Halo 3 has eclipsed many previous records and will prove to be one of
> the must-have items of 2007."

On its first day of availability, in early Nov 2004, Halo 2 generated $125
million in sales.
http://news.com.com/Halo+2+clears+record+125+million+in+first+day/2100-1043_3-5447379.html

That's about 6 months of sales for the entire Red Hat organization.

Go Linux!

> Guess which noisy brick Halo 3 exclusively runs on? XBox 360 can burn
> down houses all it wants to, but as long as there are games that
> people are dying to play, it will be bought. It should never be
> Playstation3 vs. XBox360. It should be Games for Playstation3 vs.
> Games for XBox360. As a diehard Playstation fan, why am I going to
> shell out a ton of money for the updated Playstation3, when game
> makers aren't even making new games for it. All the titles I've seen
> are also available for Playstation2, which I already own. So it's
> either pay a ton of money to play the same games with slightly better
> graphics and pray that blu-ray wins over hd-dvd, or stick with what I
> got. Playstation3 needs a killer game, then maybe people would buy it.
>
> What does this have to do with Linux?

The PS3 is a $600 Linux supercomputer for the house.  Didn't you know that?