Re: [News] Google Pulls Microsoft-esque Marketing Tricks

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
waterskidoo on Friday:
Roy Schestowitz wrote:

"Typical American! Think that everybody else is from
America."

Sadly true. See the Chevy Chase "European Vacation" movie
for some fun on this. The scene where they are at an
outdoors French cafe is hysterical.

I'm lost here. *smile* One thing I can say is that
English-speaking people are upset when shopkeepers overseas
don't speak English.

However, it is amazing how good their English becomes, when one attempts to speak their language. :-)

Actually, I was surprised to find that many people in Montreal
don't speak English at all...

I am sure they are surprised at those who should but do not speak French. :-)

Talking about Montreal, looks like they will have an exciting event:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/Montreal

[quote]
DebConf/Montreal

A bunch of Montrealers have figured that by 2009, DebConf should return to North America. That is because we're assuming that DebConf8 won't be in Europe. :)

And what better place to have DebConf9 than in Montréal, Canada? We'd love to show you around.
[/quote]

I think that would be worth a motorcycle ride to visit.   :-)

--
HPT