[News] Ron Hovsepian Spins to Escape Hard Questions

  • Subject: [News] Ron Hovsepian Spins to Escape Hard Questions
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 02:54:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
LinuxWorld: User Q&A with Novell CEO Ron Hovsepian

,----[ Quote ]
| Q - You stated that Novell will ship GPL3? Then how will Novell support MS
| coupons and customer s with GPL3 software when Microsoft has explicitly said
| that they will not support or endorse GPL3? (pause for applause -- Jack)
|
| A - Fundamentally what this relationship is, is that as a customer goes to
| redeem certificates the customer calls up Novell and redeems, and then with
| that certificate we will give them the most current release we are shipping
| to the market - including GPLv3 code. What Microsoft feels is they are not a
| legal party to the contract. In its simplest form it is a coupon that
| customers redeem and we’ll deliver to them latest distro on the shelf at that
| time.
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/08/08/linuxworld-user-qa-with-novell-ceo-ron-hovsepian/
http://tinyurl.com/3xaprl

He asked the wrong question.

Related:

Eben Moglen: GPLv3 not about MS and Novell (video)

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://community.linux.com/article.pl?sid=07/05/17/1616214&from=rss