Re: [News] Wind River is on the block: IBM is lead buyer

____/ nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Friday 17 August 2007 00:33 : \____

> <Quote>
> Wind River, a leader in real-time and embedded Linux is up for sale.
> Sources close to the deal say IBM is the buyer.
>
> It makes sense. Wind River used to be anti-Linux because of its own
> operating system. More than two years ago it shifted to embrace Linux
> and started making a profit.
>
> IBM is the biggest supporter of Linux because it provides a rosseta
> stone type cross-platform development technology plus it allows IBM to
> profit from its value-add software components while commoditizing the
> business of rivals. Wind River has followed the same strategy.
>
> Please see SVW, March 2005: How I learned to love Linux and profit
> from it--Wind River turns from Linux basher to religious zealot...
> </Quote>
>
> \http://www.siliconvalleywatcher.com/mt/archives/2007/08/
> wind_river_is_o.php

:-) It's like a rerun. Almost the whole of New Picks (page 1) is the stuff I
posted here yesterday.

SCO down.

On to H-P's spies and Microsoft's criminals in suits (Novell, Xandros and
Linspire are tainted by association).

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison, Stalin.
Thanks for tuning in.