Re: [News] Protesters Against BBC-Microsoft Corruption Take it to the Street

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 15 August 2007 11:39 : \____

>> Anti-DRM Protesters call on the BBC to eliminate DRM from the iPlayer
>
> And yet strangely the BBC didn't think this protest, which happened
> right on their own doorstep, was newsworthy. There's no mention of this
> on the BBC's Website whatsoever ... none.
>
> And it's not like the event passed by unnoticed either; apparently some
> BBC staff leaned out of their Windows and waived cheerily, some shouting
> support, until a suit ran outside and started shouting at the other
> staff to close their windows and get back to work. Official comment was
> sought from a BBC spokesman, but they refused to talk to the protesters,
> which included representatives from the FSF and the Green Party.
>
> The BBC is wrong, and they know they're wrong, which is why they hide in
> shame.

I don't think they'll retract any time soon, but they got a lot of bad press
("it was written") and bad reputation that will follow them for years to come.
I helped put together some other criminal evidence against them (not just the
BBC) and I think/hope they will be talking to Auntie Neelie soon. The
Microsoft gangsters will probably join in to help the BBC by once again
scaring and smearing Neelie's name.

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
 14:20:01 up 8 days, 17:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.93, 0.77, 1.02