[News] [Rival] Microsoft Left Behind in Next-gen DVD Formats Race, Gets Sued for 'Hacking'

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Left Behind in Next-gen DVD Formats Race, Gets Sued for 'Hacking'
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 12:34:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Blu-ray outpaces HD-DVD in U.S.: Home Media Research

,----[ Quote ]
| Blu-ray high-definition movie discs outsold films on the rival HD-DVD format
| by 2-to-1 in the United States in the first half of 2007, Home Media Research
| said on Tuesday.
`----

http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN1419176920070815?rpc=44

Live Search stealing website passwords, apparently

,----[ Quote ]
| The funny part of the article is that Perfect 10 are alleging the MSNBot is
| clever enough to hack the Perfect 10 site
`----

http://www.blogstorm.co.uk/blog/is-msn-stealing-passwords/

Related:

Porn company Perfect 10 sues Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| The latest suit alleges that Microsoft's MSN image search feature creates
| unauthorized thumbnails of content owned by Perfect 10 and includes links to
| see a full-size versions of the images for free.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=986112477&rid=-50

Is Toshiba Giving Away The Razor [HD DVD] To Get You To Buy The Blades?

,----[ Quote ]
| I just received an e-mail tonight from the folks at the EMA (Electronic
| Merchant's Association), who are responsible for a big industry event next
| week, the Home Media Expo.
`----

http://www.dvddossier.com/2007/07/a2-toshiba-hd-d.html

Microsoft cuts Xbox DVD player to $179