[News] Wikipedia Track ODF's Wide Adoption Worldwide

  • Subject: [News] Wikipedia Track ODF's Wide Adoption Worldwide
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:34:51 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Here is a page I have just become aware of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument_adoption

That's a big increase in support.

Academics debate Wikipedia's value

,----[ Quote ]
| "Anyone can participate in the editing process of a new entry as well as an
| old entry; they will then debate, discuss and decide which one is the good
| source, it's a vibrant community process," he said.
`----

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2007/08/14/2003374123

Related:

Malaysia formally embraces open doc format

,----[ Quote ]
| The Malaysian government today announced plans to adopt open standards and
| the Open Document Format (ODF) within the country's public sector.
|
| [...]
|
| In July this year, Japan became the first country in the Asia-Pacific region
| to embrace open software standards. Last August, the United Nations urged
| countries in the region to adopt the ODF.
`----

http://www.zdnetasia.com/news/software/0,39044164,62030781,00.htm

Government of Japan Embraces Open Software Standards

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.govtech.com/gt/126612?topic=117674