[News] Another Linux Partner for Oracle (Brocade)

  • Subject: [News] Another Linux Partner for Oracle (Brocade)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 21:38:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Brocade Joins Oracle Unbreakable Linux Programme

,----[ Quote ]
| networked storage solutions company, has joined Oracle Unbreakable Linux
| programme- providing full interoperability between Brocade Storage Area
| Network (SAN) switches and Oracle Enterprise Linux. Brocade is a member of
| Oracle PartnerNetwork.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/21016/news.htm

Oracle doesn't support Oracle

,----[ Quote ]
| Luckily I was able to fool the installation by changing
| the /etc/redhat-release file, and type in "redhat-3" so that he didn't know
| he was running on Unbreakable Linux. But how stupid is that!? Oracle does not
| support Oracle!
`----

http://topicpulse.com/articles/article/oracle_doesnt_support_oracle/

Related:

Oracle Unbreakable Linux Momentum Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| Strong momentum continues to build for Oracle Unbreakable Linux, a support
| program that delivers the highest quality support for Linux at significantly
| lower cost, with indemnification against intellectual property infringement
| claims.
`----

http://www.oracle.com/features/hp/unbreakable-linux-momentum.html

Red Hat Rolls at Home And Abroad

,----[ Quote ]
| Red Hat is also making waves in Germany, which is the home of Novell
| SUSE Linux development. Pinchev said he could not even count the number
| of SUSE customers in Germany that have moved to Red Hat.
`----

http://asia.internet.com/news/article.php/3676756

Red Hat won't shift virtualization, RHEL5 plans, despite Microsoft/Novell,
Oracle Linux pressure

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid39_gc1255124,00.html?track=sy184