Re: [News] Linux Foundation calls for 'respect for Microsoft'

  • Subject: Re: [News] Linux Foundation calls for 'respect for Microsoft'
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 12:58:02 +0100
  • Blinky-uip: http://blinkynet.net/comp/uip5.html
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
It was on, or about,  Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:41:49 +0100, that as I was
halfway through a large jam doughnut, Gordon wrote:

> Hadron wrote:
>> Gordon <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> Respect has to be EARNED. Some of MS's practices do NOT fall under
>>> that heading.....
>>
>> Who to believe? An accountant called Gordon or Jim Zemlin?
>>
>> Hmmm .....
>>

> And what sort of "respect" do you give to someone holding a gun to your
> head?

<quote>
"....marketing the operating system, and has a good track record in
fending off competition.
<unquote>

Yeah, marketing. Blackmail OEMs that if they install any other OS, they
have to pay full price for windoze. Fending off competition, kill off any
rivals - "I'll kill Google" - Ballmer, for example.

You'll note however, that Zemlin was NOT saying that GNU/Linux should be
like / work like Windows.

--
The universe exploded out of nothingness 14 billion years ago.
14 billion years later, & some of us have 100 trillion