[News] Google Pack Adds Anti-Microsoft Cash Cow Weapon, Office Binary Dumps Published

  • Subject: [News] Google Pack Adds Anti-Microsoft Cash Cow Weapon, Office Binary Dumps Published
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:35:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Google Pack Adds StarOffice, NOT OpenOffice

,----[ Quote ]
| While StarOffice does have some proprietary parts, there’s an advantage for
| those who want it: within Google Pack, StarOffice is free, saving the $70
| cost if you buy it from Sun.
`----

http://mashable.com/2007/08/12/google-staroffice/

Microsoft is losing the OOXML-ISO battle, so here is another miserable act.

Microsoft's Legacy Binary Formats & ISO

,----[ Quote ]
| What if Microsoft surrenders the specifications of its
| legacy .doc, .xls, .ppt and other formats just in time to make a big impact
| on the voting process for OOXML at ISO (votes due in early Sept.)?
`----

http://fussnotes.typepad.com/plexnex/2007/06/microsofts-lega.html

Related:

OOXML Approval Vote Fails in INCITS

,----[ Quote ]
| The overall vote is not, to me, a surprise.  Leaving all politics or opinions
| aside on whether OOXML should become an ISO/IEC standard when ODF already
| exists, I do not believe that OOXML is in good enough shape to recommend a
| yes vote, with or without comments.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070810112044631

OOXML and Standards Australia - an important correction

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=1785