[News] [Rival] INC Magaine Does Not Like Windows Vista, Labels Mislead

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] INC Magaine Does Not Like Windows Vista, Labels Mislead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 16:34:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista: Nice View, Rough Terrain

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft's Vista looks pretty, but it's a challenging upgrade.
`----

http://www.inc.com/magazine/20070801/nice-view-rough-terrain.html?partner=yahoofeed

Vista Capable of Misleading Customers

,----[ Quote ]
| Have you ever looked at Vista Home Basic? Calling it a dog is an insult to
| all hard-working canines. It can't run Vista's eye candy, the Aero Glass
| interface. It doesn't have DVD video authoring or Media Center support.
| Compared to Windows XP Home SP2, I'd call it a downgrade.

I've just come across this *old* one. It's an excellent read nonetheless.

Broken Windows and the Ghost of Keynes

,----[ Quote ]
| In the history of economic thought, this is Multiplier Effect, the belief
| that an increase in spending leads itself to more spending and even more
| spending, in a feedback loop that in the end amounts grows the entire
| economy. This bootstrap theory was popularized by John Maynard Keynes and
| became influential in some circles as a way to reduce underutilization in the
| economy. In other words, if unemployment is high and industrial capacity is
| underused, then it is worth while to have the government make work for people
| or spend money. Work, any work, will get the money flowing again. This lead
| to the various "alphabet agencies" of F.D.R.'s New Deal program.
|
| [...]
|
| In the end is $70 billion of new value really being produced? Or are we
| merely fixing broken Windows?
`----

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/01/broken-windows-and-ghost-of-keynes.html

Vista is "Broken Windows". It's ironic that it's called Windows, just like the
name of this theory.