Re: [News] GNOME Assimilates to Windows?

> Mono developer brings the Ribbon interface to Linux
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | In a recent blog entry, lead Mono developer Miguel de Icaza expressed
> | interest in using the new Ribbon interface components in a future version of
> | MonoDevelop, an open source IDE for C# programming.
> `----
>
> http://www.arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/30/mono-developer-brings-the-ribbon-interface-to-linux
>
> A (Microsoft) Code Name a Day: Nautilus
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=687
>
> See the comment. This is looking bad. Yesterday:
> http://boycottnovell.com/2007/08/29/gnome-mono-plan/

   I hate to break it to you, but Miguel Icaza is and always has been a
   gigantic charlatan. I have never understood why so many people put
   him up on some godlike pedestal and proclaim his greatness so
   much\u2013I have yet to see anything he has done that impresses me at
   all. GNOME was a heavily rushed \u201cme too\u201d game that produced
   a horribly unstable mess for many, many iterations of it\u2019s
   release cycle. It improved greatly once Icaza followed his attention
   defecit disorder to his next half-baked project (which also fell by
   the wayside in favour, eventually, of MONO).

   But I have seen much to make me quite suspicious of his motives. And
   his blatant love for Microsoft has been well-known for a long
   time\u2026 Why is this still news to some people?

In any case, I suspect XFce and fluxbox (for two) are nice fall-back
plans for those who find KDE to be too much.

   www.freedesktop.org

--
Tux rox!