[News] Linux and Productivity, According to Mark Shuttleworth

  • Subject: [News] Linux and Productivity, According to Mark Shuttleworth
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 00:48:06 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu Founder Mark Shuttleworth on Productivity and Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Lifehacker: Please describe your personal productivity system. What version
| of Ubuntu are you using and what applications are part of your daily routine?
|
| Mark Shuttleworth: I am running Gutsy, which is the current development
| version that will be released in October, and I use Thunderbird heavily. For
| me it's a better email system then Evolution. Since I travel so often, I use
| it in online/offline mode so I always have access to critical email. I do
| quite a bit of work offline, on trains and planes and when I don't have
| Internet access. I'm really looking forward to WiMAX so I can be connected
| more of the time when I'm on the road.
`----

http://lifehacker.com/software/exclusive-lifehacker-interview/ubuntu-founder-mark-shuttleworth-on-productivity-and-linux-294941.php
http://tinyurl.com/288xp3

Related:

Nokia director speaks on Linux, open source

,----[ Quote ]
| "Linux is the launching pad you need to stand on to be productive," said
| Nokia's open source director, Ari Jaaksi, at LinuxWorld Wednesday. "We have
| never managed to bring out a product in such a short time, with so few
| resources," he added, referring to Nokia's Linux-based Internet tablets.

Katapult yourself to keyboard productivity

,----[ Quote ]
| Katapult is a small but useful application that will let you keep your hands
| on the keyboard. You don't have to remember any complex key combinations to
| switch tracks while chatting or performing calculations or checking spelling
| while doing your homework. Katapult is simple enough to use that there's no
| learning curve involved.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/117058

Multiplier maximizes productivity - Company teams with Canadian group on new
Linux system

,----[ Quote ]
| Rockhold said that 10 monitors can be hooked into "one souped-up"
| desktop computer. The Danville schools bought an eight-user Linux
| Desktop Bundle.
`----

http://www.register-mail.com/stories/040807/BIZ_BCRHIUQ5.GID.shtml

3D desktop computing with Mandriva and SabayonLinux

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall though, I am one of the persons who enjoy the concept of a
| 3D desktop. There are voices in the Linux community saying that this
| is nothing but useless eye candy, but I happen to believe that a 3D
| accelerated desktop has a potential to increase one's productivity
| on our computers once the new habits become entrenched.
`----

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20061016#blog

Your expense = my revenue

,----[ Quote ]