[News] Simon Phipps' Quick Look at Open Source Roles and Open Source Groupware Solution

  • Subject: [News] Simon Phipps' Quick Look at Open Source Roles and Open Source Groupware Solution
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 14:11:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Community Roles

,----[ Quote ]
|  These are:
|
|     * Originators (originating co-developers) - people who co-develop a
|       particular Free software commons using open source licenses and norms;
|     * Extenders (extending co-developers) - people who co-develop software
|       that
|       builds on or aggregates the work of Originators, for example making
|       extensions, plug-ins, localisations and distributions;
|     * Deployer-developers - people who take the work of Initiators and
|       Extenders and configure and customise them for deployment;
|     * Users - people who use - and often pay for - the work of
|       Deployer-developers and put it to productive use.
`----

http://blogs.sun.com/webmink/entry/community_roles

Checking Out phpGroupware - the Virtual Office in a Box

,----[ Quote ]
| If you need a place on the big wide Internet to conduct business with others
| in remote geographic locations, you definitely need to consider using some
| sort of groupware solution. I have tinkered with e-Groupware in the past, and
| thought to give phpGroupware a go, especially since it is an official GNU
| project.
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/checking_out_phpgroupware_virtual_office_box

Related:

Version 1.0 of Horde Groupware released

,----[ Quote ]
| The Horde Project has released a stable version 1.0 of its Horde
| Groupware and Horde Groupware Webmail Edition. The software is
| based on the Horde Framework, a collection of libraries and a
| unified user interface.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/83775/from/rss09

Tip of the Trade: Citadel Groupware Server

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.serverwatch.com/tutorials/article.php/3650006