Re: Video Demos of Games for Linux

On Aug 26, 8:33 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Ubuntu Linux Games - Top Picks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | If you've switched to Ubuntu (as I have) or any other Linux distribution, you
> | may consider the following free (and in most cases open-source) games, as
> | they've been favorites of mine for some time now.
> `----
>
> http://thepemberton.com/posts/archives/6
>
> No, the likes of Tuxracer are not in this list. They are just in the minds of
> Microsoft marketers in disguise.

I downloaded Tremulous, and I thought it is a very nice online FPS. I
think I'll definitely play it online this weekend.

BTW, Vdrift isn't available for Ubuntu Feisty with apt-get, but you
can download it from http://www.getdeb.net/app.php?name=VDrift

And World of Padman? I love it!

BTW, for you lovers of classic console games, you can use apt-get to
install ZSNES (SNES emulator), Dgen (Sega Genesis/MegaDrive emulator),
FCE Ultra (NES emulator), Visual Boy Advance (GBA emulator), and even
a PSOne emulator. And you can also download a .RPM version of Stella,
the Atari 2600 emulator, from http://stella.sourceforge.net, but
you'll have to use alien to convert it to a ,DEB if you wish to
install it on Ubuntu. And you'll have to find the game roms on your
own.