[News] [Rival] Microsoft's OOXML Corruption: Latest Roundup

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft's OOXML Corruption: Latest Roundup
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 00:07:25 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft corruption in Uruguay:

http://picandocodigo.linuxuruguay.org/index.php/2007/08/29/uruguay-vota-si-al-ooxml/

Petition for National Archives (they don't realise that National Archives is
itself **RUN** by a Microsoft employee).

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/ODFinNA/

Evidence of Microsoft Influencing OOXML Votes in Nordic States

,----[ Quote ]
| "This is how a standard is bought," Bosson wrote later. "I left the meeting
| in protest - pissed off."
`----

http://www.betanews.com/article/Evidence_of_Microsoft_Influencing_OOXML_Votes_in_Nordic_States/1188335569

More here:

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=147&a=686119

Microsoft Memo to Partners in Sweden Surfaces: Vote Yes for OOXML - Updated

,----[ Quote ]
| He acknowledges that the rules might need to be changed.

The OOXML Problem

,----[ Quote ]
| Another thing, by introducing a "new fancy" document format, MS can hold a
| tighter grip round existing customers and get more on the false pretence that
| they've "opened up".
`----

http://phun-ky.net/2007/08/the-ooxml-problem

Linux Foundation Releases Statement Calling for National Bodies to Vote "No" on
OOXML

,----[ Quote ]
| Perhaps enough National Bodies will heed the call of the Linux Foundation to
| draw a line in the sand, here and now, and even at this eleventh hour, and
| stop the juggernaut of abuse before it drives the system totally over the
| cliff.
`----

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?story=20070829095223942

Rejecting OOXML