Re: Linux Renders Windows Media Player Obsolete

Verily I say unto thee, that High Plains Thumper spake thusly:

[snip impressive list and summary]

But actually, of all the music creation software out there, my all time
favourite is still that erstwhile Amiga stalwart SoundTracker, which I
am overjoyed to discover is still going strong and available on
GNU/Linux, and even better is now licensed under the GPL. Woot!:

http://www.soundtracker.org/

Ah memories! Of course one doesn't need a great memory to recall the
SoundTracker tracks of the 80s, since most of them ended up becoming
loops for techno and trance hits of the 90s and beyond. If you ever
think to yourself "the melody in that dance song sounds familiar" ...
it was probably a SoundTracker module.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Proprietary licenses, the crack cocaine of software finance."
|  - Matt Asay, CNET

 05:38:40 up 20 days,  4:33,  2 users,  load average: 0.19, 0.27, 0.52