Re: Linux on airliners

____/ dapunka on Tuesday 28 August 2007 20:34 : \____

> I thought this was interesting:
>
> http://linux.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/08/26/1735203
>
> Quote: "Singapore Airlines will be rolling out the A380 superjumbo on
> October 26th, and a surprise awaits in the seat of every passenger:
> their personal Linux PC, running Red Hat."
>
> During flights, plenty of passengers are going to have a go on the PC
> built into the back of the seat before them - I think they'll have to
> use it to access in-flight entertainment.  So the passengers will be a
> "captive audience", people who haven't even /heard/ of Linux before
> will get to see what it's like.

Just came across this one:

http://www.malaysiaairlines.com/main_US.aspx
http://flickr.com/photos/varunbhalerao/1259783505/in/photostream/

How can critical Web sites and services still rely on unprofessional systems
without any key certification.

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
Tasks: 139 total,   1 running, 138 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie