Re: [News] Microsoft Hires "Analysts" to Attack GNU/Linux, Open Source, and Open Standards

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 28 August 2007 19:15 : \____

>> Working behind the scenes to orchestrate “independent” praise of our
>> technology is a key evangelism function. “Independent” analysts’
>> reports should be issued, praising your technology and damning the
>> competitors (or ignoring them). “Independent consultants should write
>> articles, give conference presentations, moderate stacked panels on
>> our behalf, and set themselves up as experts in the new technology,
>> available for just $200/hour. “Independent” academic sources should
>> be cultivated and quoted (and granted research money).
> [...]
>> The document admitted into evidence also says, “The key to stacking a
>> panel is being able to choose the moderator,” and explains how to
>> find “pliable” moderators–those who will sell out.
> [...]
>> http://antitrust.slated.org/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/3000/PX03096.pdf
>
> Well there it is, straight from the horse's mouth; Microsoft buys Shills
> to spread lies on their behalf. Let the cynics cry "paranoia" now.

Yesterday, someone brought this up in BN again:

http://www.inlumineconsulting.com:8080/website/msft.shilling.html

And this:

http://lists.essential.org/1998/am-info/msg01529.html

When you spot a rise in trolling activity at a particular time or on a
particular topic, be suspicious. Microsoft is still bribing bloggers for PR in
disguise. The criminal mind hasn't bounds and it has a lot of cash (slush
funds) to spare.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Prevalence does not imply ideali$M
Swap:  1510068k total,   227480k used,  1282588k free,    42712k cached