Re: [News] iPhones to Serve as MythTV Remote Controls

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 11:49 : \____

>> ____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 28 August 2007 10:17 : \____
>>
>>> Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> Ah - thanks:
>>> Sony:                  599,000 units
>>> Microsoft Xbox:  170,000 units
>>>
>>> Even on home turf, Sony are outselling Microsoft at better than 3:1.
>>>
>>> Still, the Sony boxes don't explode.
>>>
>>> Anyone tried the PS3 with a Bubba, btw?  The UPNP is good, and the
>>> picture gallery thing is a great toy - best picture gallery I've seen,
>>> and it can play the music at the same time :-)
>>
>> Some laptops have exloded like fireworks though, even recently. Sony
>> batteries, I suspect. Then there's the new Sony rootkit. :-(
>> Linux-incompatible... poor us.
>>

> Batteries have been a real nightmare.  Nokia had to withdraw a load
> manufactured by Matsushita, recently (Panasonic, Technics and many other
> brand names).

This isn't a platform-related issue. Quite software-agnostic, in fact, but one
has to wonder why/how they shove so much power into such small space. This
greed (or grid) for power has shades of Vista.

"Vista" should have a definition that can be used to describe a phenomenon
where as much as one can afford, one shall be forced to consume.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
 17:00:01 up 21 days, 19:53,  6 users,  load average: 0.75, 0.72, 0.63