[News] New Miniature Camera and Bicycle Gadget Run Linux

  • Subject: [News] New Miniature Camera and Bicycle Gadget Run Linux
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 04:12:03 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
IP camera design runs MIPS Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| The "Mini-IP Camera" kit is based on Micronas's Cypher ESN7108A SoC
| (system-on-chip), and runs Linux on the SoC's MIPS core.
`----

http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS5360321783.htmlG

Another new device that runs Linux:

http://quarq.us/

Linux is the de facto O/S for such things.

Related:

"Dual stream" surveillance camera design runs Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Embedded R&D house eInfochips is offering an IP network camera
| reference design that runs Linux on a TI DaVinci RISC/DSP processor.
| The "IPNetCam" targets intelligent IP surveillance cameras, and is
| claimed to be among the first camera designs to support "dual streaming."

Tiny surveillance camera has Linux smarts

,----[ Quote ]
| Nuvation is demonstrating an ultra-compact, Linux-powered,
| intelligent IP camera reference design, at the TI Developer
| Conference in Dallas this week. The engineering consultancy
| firm says its camera can encode and stream D1 (720x480) video
| over Ethernet at 30fps.

Grandeye selects 3DLABS' DMS-02 media processor for its next generation
360(degree) intelligent IP surveillance cameras

,----[ Quote ]
| The DMS-02's unique performance capability enables Grandeye to
| manage all the camera's intensive graphics processing requirements
| on a single chip.
|
| [...]
|
| The device is OS independent with the first Software Development
| Kits supporting embedded Linux 2.6.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-grandeye-selects-3dlabs-dms-02-media-processor-its-/2007/05/22/2642512.htm

ZoneMinder Digital Surveillance Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| This freely available, Linux based, open source camera monitoring
| software can easily turn a PC into a monitoring system that compares
| to a $1,500+ PC based DVR.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/smbit/archives/2007/03/zoneminder_digi.html

Set-up a Ubuntu webcam security system