Re: [News] Germany Politicians Afraid of Microsoft Windows Zombies

____/ Roy Schestowitz on Monday 27 August 2007 22:57 : \____

> Politicians want to be informed on Chinese Trojan attacks
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Ruprecht Polenz (CDU), chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs,
> | said: "If there is clear evidence that the Chinese state is responsible for
> | these attacks, we cannot let the matter rest." According to a Spiegel
> | report, the Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution assumes
> | that experts of the Chinese army have conducted the online espionage
> | attacks against the Federal Chancellery, the ministry of economics, the
> | ministry of research and also the ministry of foreign affairs.
> `----
>
> http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/94983/from/rss09

According to another source, the German Government's PCs have just been
compromised by folks in China. If this isn't enough of a wake up call to rush
migration to Linux, what is? A lot of damage has already been done.

The Germany military already uses Red Hat, IIRC. Time for the government to
follow and for Berlin not to say 'nein'.