Re: [News] Microsoft's Vista Greed ("If We Build It, They Will Come") a Mistake

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 25 August 2007 21:57 : \____

>> Gabe Newell: DirectX 10 for Vista was a mistake
>
> /DirectX/ itself was a mistake. Period.
>
> We already have an open and extensible graphics standards called OpenGL,
> but naturally Microsoft felt the need to reinvent the wheel as a closed
> standard in order to attempt to monopolise it, just like they did with
> OOXML, Silverlight, .NET, MDF, and others.
>
> Has Microsoft ever even attempted to justify any of this? Of course not
> ... there is no justification for greed.

They do a great deal to create DX10 hype to persuade developers to build games
for Windows-only. Exclusives and platform dependence is a strategy to them.

IMHO, this habit of deviating from standards should be a violation. They need
to be punished for doing this systematically (never mind how much they lie to
make these things work).

Linux is like a girlfriend; try to stick to one distribution for a lifetime