Re: [News] Anti-Firefox Campaign Launched, Uses Stereotypes

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 24 August 2007 18:00 : \____

>> ____/ waterskidoo on Tuesday 21 August 2007 20:06 : \____

>>     ^a
>>                                           ^s
>>
>> Sorry about the typos. I don't proofread.
>>
>>> I see Hadron moving the goalposts constantly (Ubuntu vs PClinuxos) just
>>> for the sake of arguing however I feel it is a good thing
>>> to correct misconceptions concerning Linux without causing a war
>>> of words.
>>
>> Your point is valid, but be aware that it goes both ways. Microsoft takes a
>> ruthless dictatar in a gentleman's guise approach to do exactly the same
>> thing. They use proxies like Enderle and Lyons to do this.

>>> His posts are embarrassing IMHO because the hate and vitriol that emanate
>>> from him just serves to make him look like a crazy zealot.
>>> It does nobody any good and it's obvious that he is narrow minded
>>> and will not accept anything but *his* view of things.
>>> Proved by his comment about not choosing a side etc.
>>> If I were a leader in the Linux community he would be
>>> one of the last people I would want on my side.
>>> From his phony statistics report right down to his
>>> hate posts, it's just an embarrassment.
>>> You methods are far superior to his and even if you agree with
>>> his philosophy, your delivery is much better and professional.
>>> Even if I don't agree with everything you say, I enjoy reading
>>> what you write and the links you post.
>>> The real trolls hate you because it's difficult to debate some
>>> of the things you post so they concentrate on specific posts
>>> which may be a little creative. For me, the good far outshines
>>> the bad.
>>
>> I understand this, but I, for one, think that some thing must simply be told
>> as they are. [H]omer rarely uses obscene words. He can be blunt in the sense
>> that he tells the truth without consideration for some people's feelings. To
>> me, for all I can tell, the people at the top tier of Microsoft have no
>> feelings anyway. They only know the feeling of the Benjamin and the climax
>> they get when there's an extra new digit in their bank balance.
>>

> Roy - she's trying to drive wedges between the advocates - *do not*
> trust!
>
> Please - killfile.

No. Not yet. Let's see some evidence and feed less.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: 12345679 x 8 = 98765432
Tasks: 116 total,   1 running, 115 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie