Re: [News] Microsoft-BBC Corruption: iPlayer is Only the Beginning

____/ Mark Kent on Friday 24 August 2007 19:01 : \____

>> ____/ [H]omer on Monday 20 August 2007 17:45 : \____

>>> People need to pay close attention to this sneaky maneuver. Like you
>>> say, it's an attempted hijacking. MS are about to double-team Web media
>>> delivery with PlayReady and Silverlight, and as usual - no one is going
>>> to lift a finger to stop them. Best case scenario is a future where all
>>> online media content is only accessible using proprietary Microsoft
>>> multi-platform clients, worst case scenario is everyone but Windows
>>> users are locked out completely. Heck, it's virtually like that now, but
>>> MS is "investing" for the future ... just to make sure.
>>>
>>> Think of it like this; Microsoft is "Enola Gay", the MS-BBC is "Little
>>> Boy", and the British taxpayers are Hiroshima.
>>>
>>> How that for a "delivery device"?
>>
>> I've just received some news. Not only will there be strong complaints, but
>> there is also the backing of a Linux distributor now.
>>
>> Make it heard. Make it known.
>>

> I'm hoping that Mark Shuttleworth will have enough gravitas to make his
> voice heard.  I'm hoping that the very good Guardian technical guy picks
> this up too.
>
> Like the "delivery device" remark, btw :-)

Guardian? Like 'Microsoft' Jack (someone in Digg called him that)? Actually,
Mark T was disappointed to see that the press didn't pick the press releases,
despite Ubuntu's involvement. It's a damn shame. They sidle with the abuse and
defend the monopoly.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: 85% of plant life in in the oceans
         run-level 2  2007-08-06 21:07                   last=