[News] Wii Won, Microsoft Lost (New Supply Issues Emerge)

  • Subject: [News] Wii Won, Microsoft Lost (New Supply Issues Emerge)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 09:47:20 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
How the Wii won over the world's gamers

,----[ Quote ]
| Almost 10 million Wii consoles have been sold since it went on sale at the
| end of last year and it is poised to overtake global sales of the Xbox 360
| within weeks. Perhaps more crucially, it will reach the 10m mark in half the
| time it took Microsoft.

Report: New Xbox 360 with smaller chips could cause inventory headache

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft (MSFT) is poised to ship new Xbox 360 consoles featuring chips made
| with IBM's (IBM) 65-nanometer process, reports Dean Takahashi of the San Jose
| Mercury News.
`----

http://blogs.business2.com/utilitybelt/2007/08/report-new-xbox.html

The ugly side of IBM again:

IBM Paid Lobbyist Nearly $120,000

,----[ Quote ]
| The firm lobbied on legislation related to cargo security, international
| trade, immigration and other issues, according to a form posted online Aug. 8
| by the Senate's public records office.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070823/ibm_lobbying.html?.v=1

Ruining democracy and capitalism. It's transparency that resolves these issues,
not so-called 'free [to exploit] market'.

Related:

Microsoft blames baby's parents for deadly Xbox fire

,----[ Quote ]
| Specifically, Redmond claims that the suit, which also names Wal-mart and and
| an anonymous power-supply maker, lacks merit because the Klines "knowingly,
| willingly, intentionally, and voluntarily exposed themselves to said danger
| and assumed the risk of incident, injuries, losses, and damages"
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/01/microsoft-blames-babys-parents-for-deadly-xbox-fire/

Microsoft Admits *ALL* Xbox360's Are Defective

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

,----[ Quote ]
| Ah, from the horse's mouth: Microsoft just might be held legally
| responsible for selling software that is insecure.

Cringely the Unemployable on the fallacy of Web 2.0, Microsoft ruthlessness,
and the CB radio of our decade

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://blog.businessofsoftware.org/2007/07/cringely-the-un.html