Re: [News] [Rival] iPod's Open Source Makeover, Zune's Failure, and iPhone Patches for Bugs

____/ Jerry McBride on Thursday 23 August 2007 23:32 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Rock Your iPod With an Open-Source Upgrade
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I got Rockbox for its FLAC compatibility, but its customizability has
>> | made me a true fan. And with programmers worldwide tinkering with the
>> | code, I expect that it will only get better.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136299-c,freeware/article.html
>>

> I have rockbox and linux on my 4th generation iPod. They work great save one
> key area... battery life. You just can't beat the apple firmware for
> battery longevity.

You mean /can/? Last year I read that DRM alone wastes an extra 40% in terms of
power.

DRM contributes to global warming too. :-) Write that down.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    It is no longer uncommon to be uncommon
Swap:  1510068k total,   689600k used,   820468k free,    36268k cached