[News] [Rival] Amazingly Hypocritical Microsoft Takes Cheap Shot at Google

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Amazingly Hypocritical Microsoft Takes Cheap Shot at Google
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 10:08:27 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft: We're not Google, and we're proud of it

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft lashed out at Google's YouTube video-sharing site on Tuesday,
| saying its own Soapbox is far more responsible and doesn't take advantage
| of "loopholes" in copyright law.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9763595-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Unbelievable. The last time they said this, Soapbox was caught getting filled
with copyright infringements and Microsoft even acknowledged it. Another story
about a highly hypocritical monopoly abuser.

They are desperate to stop Google.

Google in its sights, Microsoft opens up Content Ads beta program

,----[ Quote ]
| Content Ads are Microsoft's answer to Google's AdSense, and many hope that
| Microsoft's opening the program up to the public will introduce more
| meaningful competition in the space.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070821-microsoft-opens-up-content-ads-beta-program.html

Related:

Microsoft's Soapbox returns with filtering technology

,----[ Quote ]
| To that point, Soapbox was littered with pirated videos. This put
| Microsoft in a pickle. The software giant was agreeing to distribute
| content for entertainment companies whose copyright was commonly
| violated at its video-sharing site.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9725064-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Microsoft Befriends Google's Foes

,----[ Quote ]
| After a government- and monopoly-inspired period in which Microsoft had
| to pretend to be a gentle force for global good, the company is being
| forced to return to its ruthless roots. Ironically, it is doing this
| in part by decrying the unfair practices of a competitor and
| shamelessly sucking up to the Establishment.
`----

http://www.forbes.com/2007/03/06/microsoft-google-blodget-tech-cx_hb_0306blodget.html?partner=yahootix
http://tinyurl.com/3bewws

Microsoft lawyer rips Google on copyrights - Why?

,----[ Quote ]
| This is about PR not legal issues. Public Relations and perceptions
| are affected by everything Microsoft says or does. It comes with
| the territory. Making inflammatory comments about a competitor is
| never a good idea. Right or wrong on the facts...the statements
| are bound to have unintended consequences.
`----

http://dondodge.typepad.com/the_next_big_thing/2007/03/microsoft_lawye.html

Microsoft's Accusations Against Google Don't Impress Copyright Gurus

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1173175410197