[News] Linux is the Better Choice When Users Presented with Windows Vista

  • Subject: [News] Linux is the Better Choice When Users Presented with Windows Vista
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 13:52:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu frustrates but Vista angers

,----[ Quote ]
| Maybe I have to mess around in Ubuntu to get around DRM centric formats like
| DVDs, but at least it's moving forwards as an OS and not backwards - Vista
| really made me cringe and I'll probably install XP to get on with any
| Windows-oriented work tasks in the future.
`----

http://thefreedesktop.blogspot.com/2007/08/ubuntu-frustrates-but-vista-angers.html

New Vista rants:

How would you change Windows Vista?

,----[ Quote ]
| Remove: DRM, Windows Media, Internet Explorer, Windows Security Center,
| Windows Genuine Advantage.
|
| Add: Ubuntu.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/19/how-would-you-change-windows-vista/

Vista the joy of my life.

,----[ Quote ]
| That of course is not so surprising, Microsoft opted for having a process
| running - hogging some more resources - even tho the feature is disabled...
| so that makes perfect sense in a Microsoft kind of way.
|
| [...]
|
| The moral of the story... If you feel lonely and need some real AI deciding
| when you need a new feature... then embrace Vista.
`----

http://www.rickardliljeberg.com/blog.php?itemID=289

Chicks dig RAM

,----[ Quote ]
| I didn't buy 4GB of RAM to see 256MB used, nor did I buy a quad-core
| processor to see three sit idle and one sit at 20% load. That would just be a
| waste of money.
`----

http://www.bit-tech.net/columns/2007/08/19/chicks_dig_ram/1

Some people just assume that everyone can buy a new PC or upgrade. Sounds like
suits from Redmond that build a $5000 touchscreen PC.